05 January 2008

2007 Highlights

January
-My collaborating teacher (the one who whined, complained, blamed and did as little work as possible) quit
-I found jeans that fit me well (in the men’s department)
-I took a day off from work (second time ever in four years of teaching)
February
-I told one of my supervisors what I thought of him (the schmuck was sweatin’ la gota gorda)
-Went to visit family during holiday weekend
-Began talking to Novio
March
-Spring, my favorite season, arrived
-Mi bosque flourished
April
-One of my supervisors (the one who enjoyed playing head games) left
May
-Went on first date with Novio
June
-Novio had a boquet of flowers delivered to my job
-My contract at that cur-sed (yes, two syllables) job ended
-My first summer with central air conditioning began
July
-Unpacked (sorta) my living room
-Sobrina & Sobrino (niece and nephew) came to visit (such a good time!)
-I went to spend time with my tías (they spoiled me to death)
August
-SmoothBrownEarth (one of my best girlfriends) came to visit
-Sobrina & Sobrino came to visit (again!)
September
-Got high-speed internet
-Novio asked me to be his girlfriend
October
-Began teaching an evening English as a Second Language class
November
-Participated in a Christian women’s retreat
-Hermanito (my brother) did not get the job he’d applied for in Iraq
December
-Sang Handel’s The Messiah with the chorale
-Started a knitting blog (woohoo!)
-I reconnected with Fola through Facebook
-Papi came to visit (a major coup, y'all)

No comments: