24 December 2007

JJ's Blanket


I knitted it this summer, but didn't weave in the ends until yesterday. It’s for JJ, son of Chrysolite. I'm not a fan of pastel colors for babies, so these colors (and their combination) really pleased me.

yarn: 100% worsted weight acrylic (15 ounces/140 grams)
needles: 4.5 mm/US 7 circulars
pattern: Plymouth Yarn Company
comments: When I was a beginner knitter I attended a knitting gathering at Union Station where I mentioned that one of my best friends was pregnant and I was trying to figure out what to make for her. Robalee, one the attendees, mentioned that she had a free pattern for a blanket that was easy and would make a great gift. She took my address and a few days later I received a photocopy of said pattern in the mail. I was not only grateful, but also awed by such a kind gesture from someone who was practically a stranger. The pattern was, indeed, easy. I ended up altering it because I was using yarn different from what was specified. Also, I added wide stripes of color. I was really pleased and surprised by the results. I have since made five blankets based on this pattern, but they all look different because of the yarn and colors used.

No comments: