12 December 2007

“The time has come, let us begin…”

“The time has come, let us begin…” After years of lurking around other peoples’ knitting blogs and especially their finished object galleries, I’ve decided to do some sharing of my own. Actually, this autumn the yearning to have a blog became so overwhelming that I had to succumb. I do this with a bit of trepidation because there are so many knitters out there who are ten times better than I, but putting my knitting out in the public may actually push me to challenge myself and add to the skills I already have. I might/should have done this a long time ago, but I thought that one had to be the techie sort to have a blog. Not so, I discovered. So here I go! I’m giddy with excitement!

The purpose of this blog is to 1) talk about knitting and crocheting (and any other fiber arts I wish to dabble in) and 2) rant about various topics that may be rolling around my head. Another reason I thought it would be good to start a blog is because I have knitted/crocheted and given away so many things over the years. A blog would force me to document what I’ve made before it disappears out of my hands. (Photos will be posted soon!) Also, it might force me to tackle some of my Unfinished Objects (UFOs) once and for all.

I'm not always a consistent person. So I will try my best to post regularly (six times per month for starters). I hope to enlighten and entertain without boring you too much.

No comments: